Just finished organizing your home and don’t know what’s next? We here at ClutterBGone get asked this question frequently. We’ve helped our clients organize their space, and now the question remains – how do I keep my home organized?
Keep the Interior Decor Fresh
The best part of organizing a home is working on the interior decorating. It’s the perfect opportunity to see your home in a new way and plan an entire makeover. This could be anything from new furniture and accessories to just changing the color of the walls. Celebrate your newly organized living space by bringing something fresh and vibrant to the table. It’ll give you a whole new appreciation of your home.
Now that your space is organized and feeling great, you have a great excuse to have a dinner party or small get together at your place. The best part is you won’t have to spend hours cleaning your home before your guests arrive. Have fun preparing and serving a lavish dinner in your newly organized home. You’ll feel proud of the accomplishment and your guests will be amazed. Then you can relax and spend the rest of the night celebrating.
Start New Projects
Have you cleaned up a spare room? Or cleared away extra mess in the garage? Why not start using the newfound space as a project room. Here are some suggestions on how to use your free spaces.
- Workshop: Do you have a passionate DIY spirit? Always wanted to try your hand at woodwork or jewelry making? Treat yourself by purchasing the supplies you need and start using the space for something creative and proactive. You’ll love unleashing a new side to yourself.
- Arts and crafts: If you enjoy scrapbooking or making creations from scratch, start an art studio or craft room. It could be for painting, design, sewing, or calligraphy. Whatever your passion is put it into action!
- Reading room: Want to catch up on your latest read? Create a snug library complete with comfortable chairs, beautiful bookshelves, and lamps with a powerful light.
- Photography space: Whether it’s a dark room or a studio, it’s time to indulge your love of photography right in the comfort of your own home.
- Mini-cinema: Today home studios are inexpensive and readily available. All you need is a good projector, screen, and plenty of comfortable chairs and cushions. Don’t forget the popcorn!
- Home gym: Want to get in shape in the comfort of your own home? Invest in gym equipment to inspire you to be the best version of yourself.
One of the most difficult parts of organizing the home is adjusting to the new lifestyle in the following months. It’s easy to slip into old unorganized habits. Life is busy and it can be hectic at times so it’s important to make organizing second nature to everyone in the household.
If you feel like your home is starting to fall apart again, call a house meeting. Talk to the other people sharing the space and potentially delegate house responsibilities. It’s everyone’s home and space and every member should be proud to keep it clean and organized.
And, if you need some extra support, we are here to help! Once your system of organization has been established we can provide you with maintenance and on-going support so you can focus on your core passions and spend time with your loved ones. Schedule regular sessions at intervals of your choosing to keep your home or office running smoothly and efficiently. Contact us here.