5 Reasons To Hire A Professional Trained Organizer
I get asked once and again, from not just prospective clients but from a lot of other people as well – “Why hire a professional organizer? I could do that myself.” In fact, many of our client’s well intentioned friends who feel they are organized say this to our clients without truly understanding what we do and how we do it.
The fact of the matter is that trained professional organizers for which this is a full time business are highly skilled professionals, often with a background in either psychology or sociology and communication. Most skilled professional organizers have the training and expertise to not only implement the basic principles of organization, but also to provide creative solutions, maximize space, have a ton of credible resources and have the ability to address some of the underlying issues and challenge some of the distorted thinking that comes with being chronically disorganized.
Here are 5 basic reasons to hire a professional organizer.
Time & money
1) We will actually save you time and save you money. Lots of it. Everybody’s time is worth something. If you are performing the work yourself you are not doing something else whether it is going to work, enjoying extracurricular activities or just plain relaxing. We are trained and have the expertise to develop and implement solutions to chronic disorganization. As such we can successfully complete an organizational task in a much shorter period of time.
2) Being disorganized costs you. I’m not talking just money here (although that still factors in). I’m talking success. How much time do you waste looking for things? Are you paying interest charges on bills because you paid late due to not being able to find the bill? Is your clutter or disorganization affecting your marriage or straining friendships? Are you missing out on opportunities? Are you less productive? Do you appear disorganized at work leading to missing out on promotions? Is your child’s disorganization affecting success at school?
Some people become embarrassed to have company if they feel their home has become out of control or they feel that visitors may be judging them based on the surroundings rather than as who they are. A professional organizer will de-clutter, organize and create a system to maintain a clutter free and less stressful life.
3) We can help you tackle those projects you have been putting off.
You know those projects that you have been putting off because you feel it is too much of a task for you or think it is too large for you handle? We are ready willing and eager to get at these projects. They are our Disneyland! Once complete you will feel that a heavy load has been lifted right off your shoulders. You will breathe easier, feel less anxious. You will want to use that space, that valuable real estate that you have worked so hard to pay for. And who knows, maybe even invite guests over that have not visited for some time due to your embarrassment of your home.
4) We are your organizing coach. Sometimes you just need a gentle push to get you going or to guide you through the steps to complete the task. We are there with you all the way for as much or as little as you need us. Do you have a small room or closet that needs attention? Great! A larger room that will take more time? That’s good too. We have seen and done it all and no job is too large or too small. We just want to help.
5) We are non-judgmental and unbiased. Is your place a mess – in your eyes? Do you still have your childhood toys? Paper everywhere? A ton of stuff from a family member who has long since passed on? You can’t see the floor because of all the stuff? Perhaps your basement is unusable space? No problem. We are there to help and to get you organized with compassion and gentle guidance, and set up with a system to make your life easier. We are not here to judge but to develop and implement solutions for you.
If you have an organizational task for which you just don’t know where to start, call me now for a free telephone consultation and we can chat. No judgments. Just solutions.